The 1980s were a decade of bold fashion choices and iconic looks. From the preppy style of the Ivy Leaguers to the grungy aesthetic of the punk rockers, the 1980s had something for everyone. Here are some popular 80’s costume ideas that will transport you back to the era of big hair and neon leg warmers:
- Madonna: No list of 80s costumes would be complete without the Queen of Pop herself. To channel your inner Madonna, you’ll need a lace-up bodice, fishnet stockings, and plenty of layered bangles and necklaces. Don’t forget to tease your hair into a high ponytail and apply lots of bright lipstick.
- The Karate Kid: The 1984 film “The Karate Kid” introduced the world to the Kobra Kai dojo and their iconic black and red uniforms. To dress up as one of these karate masters, you’ll need a black gi with red trim and a red headband.
- A Member of the A-Team: The A-Team was a group of ex-military commandos who used their skills to solve problems and right wrongs. To dress up as one of these tough guys, you’ll need a camouflage outfit, aviator sunglasses, and a tough attitude.
- A Preppy: The 1980s were the era of the preppy look, with polo shirts, pastel colors, and boat shoes being all the rage. To dress up as a preppy, you’ll need a collared shirt, a blazer, and a pair of loafers.
- A Punk Rocker: The punk rock movement of the 1980s was all about rejecting mainstream culture and embracing a DIY attitude. To dress up as a punk rocker, you’ll need ripped jeans, a leather jacket, and lots of studs and spikes. Don’t forget to add some bright hair dye and heavy eye makeup to complete the look.
Whether you’re dressing up for a Halloween party or just feeling nostalgic, these 1980s costume ideas will help you channel the spirit of the decade.
Showing all 5 results